Sunday, January 27, 2013

Keep it Local

Any chance I get to eat local and seasonal foods, I seize it! This is no easy challenge as I sit on my couch, admiring my view of sleet and snow that is currently accumulating on my driveway. 

However, what I have learned is that the best way to eat seasonally, is to eat locally and support your local merchants. In Chicago and the surrounding suburbs, there is a great company that helps every family do just that.



Artizone is a business that gathers great local ingredients and delivers them to your door. The best part is that if you take a second to follow them on Twitter or Facebook, yo can learn about great deals, giveaways and even freebies that they have on a regular basis. As a frugal writer by trade and chef by fantasy, this company is a bit of Nirvana!



Take a moment to peruse the colorful, culinary aisles of their site and follow them on Facebook and Twitter. Need a little inspiration? You can even check out my recipe for Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken with Root Vegetables. Make this juicy, warming dish and use your leftovers in the stock recipe posted below. 

Have a happy family dinner!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great idea. You always come up with such helpful tips.

    ReplyDelete