Thursday, March 16, 2017

Red Pepper Soup

I interrupt our regular programming to share with you a FIVE ingredient recipe that serves four or five people.



Roast 3 Red or Orange Bell Peppers. By that I mean put them on a pan in your oven under the High Broil setting. Blacken them to smithereens on all sides. You can do this on the grill as well. I don't care for canned, roasted peppers. They taste like vinegar to me. Put the peppers that you roasted in a paper bag or in a large bowl and cover with a plate. Let them cool and peel them. Remove stems and seeds and put peppers in a pot.

Open a large (28 oz) can of WHOLE tomatoes. Seriously, diced tomatoes are gross leftovers. I don't buy them. Call me a canned tomato snob.  Also, I like the Cento brand, no one pays me to say that.



Dice and saute half an onion and  two cloves of garlic. Add your tomatoes and peppers to the onions/garlic mix. Use an immersion blender an puree it all together. Seriously, an immersion blender is a great tool. If you don't have one, puree your vegetables until smooth in a blender and return to the pot. Cook on low for an hour. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour into mugs and top with basil. I'm strange, I like eating this soup in a mug. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment